We take the environment seriously and are committed to sustainable development. Because we’re owned by Ipswich Borough Council, we’re supporting them in achieving their target to be Carbon Neutral by 2030.
We work with a range of architects, specialists and builders for each of our schemes. They are appointed via procurement processes that take into consideration their environmental credentials such as:
- Environmental management – Contractors need to be able to demonstrate they have environmental management systems in place and can evidence this with an environmental policy and plans for reducing carbon impact. Ideally contractors will have an externally validated accreditation for environmental management such as ISO 14001.
- Making a commitment and working towards being Carbon Net-Zero by 2030 and can demonstrate they are monitoring and reducing emissions.
As well as making sure our contractors are environmentally friendly, we include a range of environmental measures in our developments including:
- Solar panels
- Energy efficient heating and hot water systems
- High thermal insulation
- Water efficient taps
- Bee, bird and bat bricks / boxes
- Hedgehog highways
- Wildlife sensitive lighting during construction
- Wildlife friendly planting
- Two trees planted for every one that has to be removed as part of a development
- Good use of natural light into homes reducing the need for electricity usage in spaces such as bathrooms and stairways
- Using sustainable timber
- Providing rainwater butts and rotary clothes lines